Notifications
Clear all

New Abs Member From Elizabethtown, Pa

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello everyone!

I will be brief in my introduction. My name is James Diehl, currently reside in South-central PA, in the greater Harrisburg/ Lancaster area.

I am a brand spanking new ABS member, recently joined during the Haywood Community College Hammer-In this past March. I attended the March Intro to Bladesmithing class taught by Greg Neely and Scott McGhee. Since the Hammer-In was scheduled on the weekend of the class, the students of the Intro class were allowed to attend for free. I met alot of good people and the instructors were both great. I look forward to seeing them in the future.

I have been interested in forging for almost a decade and was never in a position to attend the class or purchase the equipment. Prior to the Intro course, I have only made 4 complete knives, all stock-removal under the tutelage of Bill Snow of Columbus GA, and Glen Bourgios of Hahnville, LA.

Salud,

JD

Posted : 19/04/2017 6:03 pm
Thaddeus Stager
Eminent Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Welcome JD!

Posted : 19/04/2017 8:10 pm
New Member Guest

Welcome to the ABS and the ABS forums James. I know you had to have enjoyed the intro class and hammer-in. I look forward to your participation here and seeing what you make as you move ahead with this great craft.

Chris

Posted : 19/04/2017 8:38 pm
Eminent Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)

Welcome to the journey!

I'm new too and I'm looking forward to taking the bladesmith class soon, I hope.

I've basically been fumbling around on my own in my garage, picking up what I can from the interwebs. I've recently found a couple of people to help me, so I look forward to improving.

This place is FULL of information! I have yet to post a question, because I feel like there's so much information here, that I need to absorb it first.

Post some pics of your work!

Posted : 19/04/2017 9:53 pm
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

James

Welcome to the ABS and Forum.

Anthony

Posted : 20/04/2017 7:30 am
Trusted Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Welcome to the ABS

Posted : 20/04/2017 9:39 am
Estimable Member Master Bladesmith

Welcome JD!

Posted : 20/04/2017 7:44 pm
Share: