New Member Introduction

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Jeff Riffe
Active Member Apprentice Bladesmith
Topic starter

Greetings all from So. Central Ky.

I have been blacksmithing and bladesmithing since '92 and prior to getting married it was my intention to become a full time bladesmith and to obtain my MS rating with the ABS.   ....well as most of you know, life never takes the course that you have in mind but Lord willing it puts you where you need to be and for me that meant becoming a father three times over and raising great kids. Blade career on hold.

I never quit forging stuff but it has always been for personal items related to reenacting and camping or here on our small farm.

But now, the kids are grown, I am expanding my shop and I am ready to pick up where I left off 32 years ago.

In terms of blades, my interests are in historical works up to about the 1840's and toss in some stuff from WW1 and WW2.

At any rate, I still have a long row to hoe to get where I want to be, but here is the first step.

Best Regards,

Posted : 12/03/2024 11:40 pm
Jeff Riffe
Topic starter

and as a side note, I have no idea how this forum chose my profile picture.... this is an image from an old Star Wars game that is about 20 years old.... and I can't change it.

Posted : 12/03/2024 11:43 pm
BRION TOMBERLIN
Forum moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome Jeff. I am glad we were able to get it sorted out. If you have any questions ask away. We are here to help.

Brion

Posted : 13/03/2024 10:44 am
Jeff Riffe
Topic starter

Fixed, finally. 

Posted : 14/03/2024 6:45 pm
Share: