Notifications
Clear all

New Member from Wa State

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Zachary Robins
Active Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)
Topic starter

Hey, I’m Zach Robins. 

I was born and raised in eastern Washington. Left for awhile while I was in the Marines but ended up back in the Inland Northwest. I have been “bladesmithing” for a couple years now. I’m self taught. Meaning lots of books, YouTube and mistakes lol. I would like to connect with other smiths in my area if there are any. I use bladesmithing as a form of therapy. Long term my goal is to teach more so than to sell knifes. To me the healing aspects of bladesmithing outweigh the possible monetary gains. Not that I’m opposed to selling them one day, that’s just not my main focus. I greatly enjoy the pursuit of knowledge. I would like to achieve a master rating eventually and figured I had better get the ball rolling. If anyone on here happens to live in Eastern Wa/North Idaho and is willing to share knowledge I would love to get together and learn. Not a huge fan of social media but I am on instagram as devildog04172004 if anyone would like to interact there as well. Looking forward to getting to know more people within the community. 

Posted : 03/02/2022 8:32 pm
Scott Sweder reacted
Topic Tags
BRION TOMBERLIN
Forum moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome to the ABS and the forum Zach.

Brion

Posted : 03/02/2022 9:36 pm
Zachary Robins
Active Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)
Topic starter

Thank you Sir. 

Posted : 04/02/2022 3:19 am
Share: